I'm feeling like a rock star
Ok, so I restarted, attempted to run the Microsoft thing again, and it was a fail. I still got the htetsdmn error as well. So, I ran the start up thing again, and a random set of letters caught my eye. It wasn't the htet, but another set (I did not jot them down). I took a look at the file path, and it ended with htetsdmn.dll! So, I deleted that.
Upon restart, no htet error
I tried the Microsoft thing again, and still a fail. So, I did a weird thing, and searched for desktop.ini. It came up with approximately a million of them, but even so I started opening all of them (as instructed on the Microsoft page) I found three with the -21787 in it, and deleted them. So, I restarted yet again, and no error messages!
Just in case anyone is reading this thread in hopes of solving their own xp repair virus nightmare, at no point was I able to do a system restore. I tried at several different points in the battle, and I tried several different dates. It's a very frustrating virus!
Louis, again, I can't thank you enough! THANK YOU!