Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

suddenly connection lose to monitor

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Be water my friend

Be water my friend

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:47 AM

Hi guys,
I've got a new problem with my computer!
Since a week I am not able to work with it anymore, I start it and everythings normal (speed, graphic) no problems, but after some minutes using and exactly when I start something, like open a window, start prog, etc. the screen freeze and it crash!
But it is a kind of strange no bluescreen or something like that, just the monitor lost the connection so it turns black and switch between digital and analog like searching a source, but if I was listening to music, it keep on running and also I am able to chat over my keyboard screen. I thing I got the problem long time ago, but just some single times, but since I start an old game(Battlefield 2) a week ago, it is now always crashing!
I'm sorry for my bad english, I am german, but you guys always helped me!
Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,857 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:17 AM

Hi, don't worry about your English :).

Sounds like a video problem to me...I would uninstall the current video drivers...and then reinstall the video drivers from the CD which came with your system, motherboard or video card.

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

#3 Be water my friend

Be water my friend
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:43 AM

hey nice I did it and since i've got the old driver running i had no crash, thanks!

Should I install now the newest driver or never change a running system? It is a Sapphire ATI RADEON X1900 GT

Thanks!

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,857 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:27 AM

I hardly ever install newer drivers, unless I've encountered a problem and the driver detail indicates that it solves the problem :). I keep the original drivers for any component that is installed on any system I own...just as I keep backup copies of any program that I install and continue to use.

If it's working, I don't update it even if newer drivers exist. I'm from the "If it ain't broke..." school of playing with computers.

It's user-preference :).

Louis

My experiences with ATI drivers over the years...is that ATI's view that new drivers function well in all their older components...just isn't true.

#5 Be water my friend

Be water my friend
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:41 AM

oke thank you
Now, some days later I note that every time I start my computer, I get this message: "catalyst control center will not be fully operational until smartgart has determined your optimal graphics processor settings. please wait...."
it takes 4 min!
And one time I got the old problem with freeze and blackscreen, but after 5 sec connection lost, my screen got it back and it keep on running! Does it mean something??

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,857 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:23 AM

You previously did uninstall the video drivers via Device Manager...before installing anew?

If so, then that should have solved it.

Uninstall the SmartGart application, using Add/Remove Programs.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users