Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A serious problem with MS removal tool

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Earth Inhabitant

Earth Inhabitant

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 PM

Posted 24 June 2011 - 05:22 AM

Well, I know there is a detailed walk-through here in this website about removing MSRT, but the problem is even running my windows on safe mode won't do me any good. I still get the same fake messages about the infection of my PC. I have Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware installed on my PC right now, but the problem is I can't use it even on safe mode. I can't even open a system restore. The only thing I can run is my Firefox. I am using Windows XP SP3. I have a windows 7 too, but it is completely broken, it won't run under any circumstances, just a black screen, but that's not the problem right now.
Now , please, can someone give me directions?

Edited by Earth Inhabitant, 24 June 2011 - 05:30 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MistyOcean

MistyOcean

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 PM

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:22 PM

hm..When it starts up does it give you the options to press F10 F9 or anything like that?

#3 Earth Inhabitant

Earth Inhabitant
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 PM

Posted 25 June 2011 - 05:14 AM

hm..When it starts up does it give you the options to press F10 F9 or anything like that?

Well, you mean when I run the windows in safe mode? No, it doesn't give me an option like that.

BTW, I fixed the problem without using any program and I'm posting the solution for the people who might have the same problem and search this forum:

First, before doing anything, download this file and save it somewhere accessible:
http://www.winhelponline.com/exefix_xp.com

You can delete this virus by simply deleting it's folder or it's original executable file. it's here:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data ( If application data is hidden in the directory, simply write application data in front of all users to go there in the address bar. )

There should be a file or a folder there with a weird name, although if you want to make sure the file you delete is the correct one, view the folders in application data by their details and sort them by the " date modified " option, and see the newest folder or file with a weird name and simply delete it.

Although after deleting it, clicking on any exe file opened the " Open with... " window instead of the file itself for me. Although this might not happen to you, but the solution for this is easy, You only need to run the file which I told you to download and save somewhere accessible, it will fix this.

Now, I have to say this might be a bit risky, so I recommend you to use it only and only if the other solutions don't work for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users