Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP lsass continues to clock up IO

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 gregcurie

gregcurie

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:14 AM

Hi

On my Windows XP at home, the lsass exe in Task Manager continues to build IO.

When the internet wireless broadband connection is down it is active but slower. Once the connection is up the lsass exe clocks up IO (Other IO for instance). If I look at TM in big screen I find that very few processes are active, the one supplied by the internet provider and the lsass one.

I have downloaded the Microsoft Malicious software removal tool, and ran it, and it says it couldn't find anything of interest. I did that much based up my searching on the internet, where it is sometimes the case that the lsass is a trojan or something.

thanks
greg c

Edited by hamluis, 24 June 2011 - 06:35 AM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users