Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

All Major Windows Services Broken!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 es0terik

es0terik

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 23 June 2011 - 02:44 PM

Okay I have no idea where to start. Yesterday my friend needed me to test something for him in MySQL, a program I had installed a while back. When I tried to get in, it told me that I needed a root password. Since I forgot that, and I had no idea how to log in, I used Revo Uninstaller Pro to uninstall MySQL and delete all the leftover files and registry values that it left behind. I'm not sure if that is what caused it or something else that I can't remember, but since last night a lot of my computer services aren't working.

For one thing, I can't log into MySQL.

Posted Image

I can't install/uninstall any programs. - Solved.

I have my Control Panel listed as a menu in my Start list, but when I highlight it, it shows the Control Panel as empty.

Posted Image

I can't turn on my Windows Security Center

Posted Image

I can't access/turn on System Restore and clicking on 'Turn System Restore on or off' does nothing.

Posted Image

I can't access System Information - Solved.

or System Properties - Solved.

In addition, I can't click the properties of any folder (If I try to right click My Computer and hit properties, nothing happens), my computers sound is not working, my taskbar shows my internet as offline even though its working and I can't open pictures - Solved.

I also cannot run SFC / Scannow - Solved.

or run Windows Update - Solved.

I also feel like there might be something wrong with my graphics diver, because as I've been typing this post, my screen keeps flashing to my desktop - Solved.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I cannot pull up my specs using the program 'Speccy' because it says Class Not Registered for everything. I've also lost the CD for my Windows 7 Ultimate, so I don't know if I could use that to fix it. - Solved.

Edit 1: My video driver was in fact affected by it, as I can't watch any videos, and attempting to crashes my firefox plugin process. - Solved.

Edited by es0terik, 23 June 2011 - 03:25 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 es0terik

es0terik
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2011 - 02:56 PM

Edit 2: Okay so I went through Revo Uninstaller and reverted the registry changes for 5 or 6 programs that I uninstalled yesterday (Mostly Games, along with MySQL). Many of the things are working a little better now.

My computers sound is back, I can view properties for My Computer, and videos are running (but are extremely laggy and crash-prone).

Many things are still not working, I'm going to do a restart and check.

#3 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 AM

Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:11 PM

On the registry cleaning step, did you just remove the bolded items:

Posted Image

If you selected the none bolded items, then all I can recommend is a reinstallation of the OS.

#4 es0terik

es0terik
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:22 PM

Okay here's the update after I reverted those registry changes (through Revo Uninstaller Pro):

MySQL is still NOT WORKING
*though this can be the application itself~

Windows Installer is WORKING!

Control Panel Menu is still NOT WORKING

Windows Security Center is still NOT WORKING

System Restore is still DISABLED

System Information is WORKING!

System Properties is WORKING!

Folder Properties are WORKING!

Sound is WORKING!

Videos are WORKING!

Pictures are WORKING!

Internet is now showing ONLINE!

SFC /SCANNOW is WORKING!

#5 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 AM

Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:27 PM

Try do a windows repair via booting up the Installation CD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users