Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Install Paradox 9 & Lotus Approach to Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RiverMiss

RiverMiss

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 AM

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:27 AM

I have a client that needs Paradox 9 & an old Lotus Approach installed on new Windows 7 computers. I'm wondering if anyone has done this and has any advice. They will need to access their old data for a while as we migrate everything to new. TYIA

RiverMiss

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 heyhey1

heyhey1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 AM

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:41 PM

I had similar problem. I recently bought new computer with windows 7 home version. When I tried to load my lotus smartsuite millennium edition, I was unsuccessful. So, I retried loading only lotus approach. I have a small address/accounts database that I really needed to add to my new computer. Unfortunately, I got an incompatible message advising me not to install. After doing some research, I decided that I wouldn't be able to load approach myself. So, I decided to ask an online service I use monthly to maintain the health of my computer to see if he could get approach to load and work on my computer. Wow, he did it. He got it loaded and working fine...He even transferred my database file from my old laptop onto my new one. He did it on 01/4/2012 which is the day I'm writing this reply. I therefore don't have any long term compatibility issues to advise you on. All I can say right now is that everything is working great. The only difference is I have to selected my database under the file tab to open my database. The service I use is at www.computethisonline.com The owners name is Sean McCarthy. His phone number is 888-752-9049.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users