Jump to content
Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:29 AM
Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:45 AM
to reset the printer:
-turn off the unit
-press and old the down arrow + cancel button
-keep holding, dont let go the buttons and turn on the device
-wait till you see "permanent storage", let go the buttons
-should go back to ready
if that does not help: try to run a Firmware update.
When we see "Firmware Corrupt Ready 2 Download" we should do as follows:
That's all. No need to contact HP Support or buy any parts.
- TURN PRINTER'S POWER OFF (USB should stay connected)
- Delete installed driver (if exists)
- Manually install driver for your printer (When choosing port, use one of "Virtual Printer Ports for USB" which is your printer connected to)
- Run firmware update program from HP Support web page (PRINTER IS OFF)
- In firmware update program's window choose your printer (manually installed) and press "Send Firmware" button
- Wait for firmware to be completely sent to your printer's task window
- TURN YOUR PRINTER ON
- First you will see "Firmware Corrupt Ready 2 Download" message. If there is no such message, turn off and on again until it shows. Then message will change to "Downloading...", "Erasing..." and "Programming..."
- When all this operations end, printer will ask you to turn it off and on.
P.S. While "Downloading...", "Erasing..." or "Programming...", printer may hang. It's not fatal. Just repeat all operations again. To prevent hangs use quality USB cable when updating firmware.
P.P.S. Sorry for bad english. I'm russian...
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users