Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus Infected redirects,programs won't open,slow performance.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Lt.EWOK

Lt.EWOK

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 PM

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:15 AM

Good afternoon,
I'm in need of some serious help. My computer seems to have gotten infected out of nowhere. I am not the most tech savviest person but I can work my way around most basic things. This malware or whatever it is, is causing redirects to websites(constantly), wont let me turn off the computer (without freezing or crashing), and has seriously slowed down the performance speed out of nowhere)

Some specs if it helps
Window XP Service Pack 2
Intel processor
1gb of RAM

I share this computer with 2 younger brothers who are in their early teens so I don't know all the time what this computer is being used for. Even though there aren't any new programs loaded I suspect this has occurred through online interaction. I don't have money to hire proffesional at the moment so you guys are the only place I can think of. Thank You

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users