Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New HD 50 SCSI card won't accept DE15 monitor plug.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hoboque

hoboque

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 PM

Posted 23 June 2011 - 02:42 AM

[*]I have a Dell Optiplex 320 with internal graphics card which accepts DE-15 pin (monitor) male plug.
[*]To upgrade I ordered a MATROX 644-00 REV: A 4MB PCI Graphics Card but on receiving it I see it has a HD50 pin female plug.
[*](I have asked the Seller to clarify if there is an adapter for HD50 to DE15, but after initial searching that doesn't seem likely!)
[*]I am asking the question here also to see if it matches what he might tell me.
[*]Am I trying to match two incompatible types?
[*]The card will fit in one of the empty slots but don't want to install it if simpler to replace it.
[*](I am using Linux 10.04 Ubuntu and 2nd HD with XP SP3 if needed.)

If there are other issues I'll deal with them, just wondering about the adapter possibilities.

Edited by hamluis, 23 June 2011 - 07:37 AM.
Moved from Linux to Internal Hardware.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hoboque

hoboque
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 PM

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:53 AM

ADDed by member: My main problem is I am having a little trouble while shutting down Linux Ubuntu...the "UBUNTU" word is discolored and distorted, I suspect the card that controls the monitor. I have used 3 separate LCD monitors with same issue. I have no problems viewing regular Internet pages. I do not play games and do not have any special "graphics" needs. I simply want to iron out the kink that is causing the distortion. Not the end of the world I know!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users