Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help With Running Chkdisk

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nickkucera

nickkucera

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 AM

Posted 09 January 2006 - 02:36 PM

When ever i run CHKDISK now it always says "cannot open volume for direct access"

it wont let me run it. ive tried to find articles online but get no help. Can anyone help me be able to fix my check disk?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 09 January 2006 - 02:49 PM

nickkucera:
What service pack are running? Here's an article from Microsoft that may help -Cannot Open Volume for Direct Access" Error Message When Chkdsk Runs at Startup
JC

#3 nickkucera

nickkucera
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2006 - 06:15 PM

im runing SP2, have been for a long time, ... i goto the windows update page and i have everything updated... ive been running checkdisk for a while now...

this is the first time in about a month or so and it isnt working. i can run a hijack this log if need be.

i dont know what to do

#4 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2006 - 08:12 PM

nickkucera:

It looks like you have already posted a log in the HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum.
Once you get your malware issue resolved in that forum, if you are still having a problem with CHKDSK, post back again and we will try a few more things in here.

The HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum is extremely busy right now, so you may have a bit of a wait before someone can look at you log.

Thanks.
JC

#5 nickkucera

nickkucera
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2006 - 09:08 PM

The hIjackhis log i posted in the other forum was for my other computer not this one,

the hiJack this log for this machine with the CHKDSK problem is

this computer is free of malware and everything. it is a very clean computer. but CHKDSK doesnt work...

ive read online where it can be caused by 3rd party devices like zonealarm firewalls and stuff but i dont have zonealarm....

help please

Mod Edit -Removed HiJackThis log. ~JC

Edited by Joshuacat, 09 January 2006 - 09:39 PM.

#6 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2006 - 09:39 PM

Try running the chkdsk from safe mode to see if that helps.
Are you using Start, Run, Chkdsk?
JC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users