Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected With Vista Internet Security 2012 Rougue Spyware Program

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 jonnyv5

jonnyv5

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:35 PM

Hello All,

I ma new to this site and i just needed a little insight or help with my dilema. I'm writing this correspondence from my own personal laptop. The problem that occured with the above program happened on my mother's personal desktop which is running Windows Vista. I went to this link http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-win-7-antispyware-2012 and downlaoded and saved to a flash drive FixNCR.reg which i then proceeded to run on the affected computer with no problem. I then copy and save to the same flash drive the next file RKIll iExplore but when i go to load it on the desktop i got an error message saying that that computer could not recognize the file and it was instantly deleted from my flash drive (not by choice). I tried downloading and saving a different link from the same page and the desktop ended up doing the same thing. I forgot to mention that im dowloading and saving these files from my laptop that is not infected with any kind of virus or malware. Now here is my true problem i go to the desktop that is infected and try thr suggestion of running internet explorer as the "run as an administrator" option but when i go to this site it gives me the typical Vista Internet Security 2012 message saying that the website could contain harmful material. I've tried to X out of that screnn and it just completely kicks me out of IE. I also tried the option at the bottom of that bogus screen that says continue surfing with the possibility of damage to infection but when i click the option it just gives me the same screen. After about 20 clicks on the same option i get the impression that its not going to work. I hope i explained the situation completely. I apologize in advance but its as accurate as i can describe. If anyone can please help it would be great!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:24 PM

Hi,

Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.
  • Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

• Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

• Please reply to this post so I know you are there.
The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.

Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.

Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

#3 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:05 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days. Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.
Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users