Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista 64 bit system - flash will not work

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mhall44

mhall44

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:32 PM

I have a Dell computer with Vista operating system. It is a 64 bit system n I keep getting errors on my Yahoo mail site, and also when trying to view YouTube videos. It is stating that "flash is required to run this app, and it can be downloaded by clicking here". I have downloaded the 10.3.181.26 ver but it will not run on my system. I have found ideas in certain help sections to be able to download a version that will work with my system. First, I cannot get "internet explorer' completely closed, at least according to the box that comes up. I have disabled what I thought was everything, but something must be running in the background that I cannot locate. How do you know what is all running? I have had flash runnig before on this system and I believe that I had followed a patch or idea from someone as to get this to work.I cannot remember what I did, unless I still had the 9.0 ver. I cannot find a 9.0 ver that I can download.
I had had some issues with my computer a week ago and I contacted AT&T and they ran different programs on here and replaced 2143 files that were supposedly corrupt. I was not having any trouble until just that day. When I would try to log on to my AT&T mail, the system would appear locked up, and if it did work would take 3-5 min to open; then trying to navigate to another page, it would take 3-5 min. I went to just opening folders that I had, to work off line; same thing. I saw a posting here on this site that sounded similar and I ran a scan with ESET online scanner, and followed it up with a Malwarebytes scan. Nether one picked up anything, but it appeared to be slightly better, and then it started the same thing the next day. I thought that maybe with flash not working that this was what was slowing everything down, so I thought that I would attack this part first and then submit my other problems to other forums in order to try to fix the problems. I called AT&T back and they suggested a complete reload of Vista; I just don't think that this is the issue; it may be a quicker fix, but unsure. You don't realize how much you take the computer for granted until you have a problem that hinders your use. I am on here 4-6 hours per day, maybe more.
I use MacAfee and Malwarebytes, and they seem to be doing a good job.
Please let me know where to post my other issues - (1) I am getting "yahoo not responding", "e-how not responding", etc.
(2) I have also been getting "ebt.exe has stopped working". I have tried to look this up, but with my system the way it is, this takes 2-3 hours. Some individuals think this is a virus. I have located it on hard drive but have not deleted it yet; unsure if I need it. It is from some "ToDo" company.
(3) I have got to find out how many processes should be running, and what I actually need when I open up my "task manager". I have 86 processes running, and if I end these, what actually happens, can I open them back up or will they open up automatically as needed?

I am very sorry for posting all of these questions here in this forum! I know that some of these were suppose to be in another area, but please bear with me; it took me an awful long time to be able to get back to this site, and I did not want to risk another 4 hours to get everything posted.
Thanks for any info and help that someone can give!!

Edited by hamluis, 23 June 2011 - 05:17 AM.
Moved from Vista to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 A_A_M_I_R

A_A_M_I_R

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 AM

Posted 26 June 2011 - 01:19 AM

Try using Mozilla Firefox as your browser:
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/fx/

As for ebt.exe, the guy in this thread recommended you delete it:
http://forums.techguy.org/virus-other-malware-removal/370694-help-spyware.html
^ Press Ctrl-f to find the text on the page: ebt.exe

Edited by A_A_M_I_R, 26 June 2011 - 01:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users