Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable access Antivirus sites, Browser re-redirected!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Zarahrara

Zarahrara

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 AM

Posted 22 June 2011 - 12:35 PM

Basically about a month ago my computers mcafee ran out, so we bought a new one over the internet. I downloaded the set up for it, when I started the set up it said we didn't have enough memory for it. So I thought that if we deleted the old one we'd have more space. So i deleted it meaning that the computer would be completely unprotected between deleting the old and installing the new mcafee. BUT when i deleted it the set up said it needs to connect to the internet! The internet connection was fine because its worked on the other computer. So it wasn't the internet connection. Also i couldn't access ANY antivirus sites not even help sites like This website! Even worse the virus has deleted all system restore points!

I ran malwarebites which was already installed but that didn't pick up anything!. I did some research and thought it could be a conficker virus so i downloaded "Microsoft Windows Malicous Software removal tool"and "Econficker removal" and "Bitdefender removal tool" all tools which claim that they remove this virus. But all of the scans say my computer is clean!!!! Which i know cannot be true since before all these problems the computer always had a couple of viruses. So now my computer has been completely undefended for a month and i'm very worried. We've paid for the mcafee so i want to use it as soon as possible.

Please could someone help me!!!! i'm not very technical at all.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users