Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HID - Compliant Game Controller

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Marckas

Marckas

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:03 AM

Last week I purchased two Energy Metal Dance pads to use for Stepmania installed in my PC. They use a DB15 connector to connect to this "4 in 1" adapter that changes it to a USB connection. The problem I'm having is with this "4 in 1" adapter and my computer not being able to identify it. The motherboard I'm using is a Gigabyte Ultra Durable 3 P55M-UD2 and I was originally running in Windows 7 Home 64 bit. When I plug the adapter in, it would come up as an Unknown Device. My original thought was that this may be a problem with my OS, so I plugged it into a laptop I had that was running Windows XP 32 bit and it came up fine as an HID Compliant Game Controller. So I resolved to dual boot my PC with XP.

When I finally got XP up and running on my PC, fully updated and drivers installed, I found that the "4 in 1" adapter still came up as an unknown device. I started trying other ports. My motherboard comes with 10 USB ports, and 2 "Always On" USB ports. I found that in one of the "Always On" USB ports the adapter driver would install/load fine, as an HID Compliant Game Controller, but only in this one particular port. Unfortunately I have two of these that I want to connect. I have tried swapping the two adapters, both work in the one particular port, but neither of them will work in the other USB ports. I'm pretty baffled.

Below is the Device Instance ID of one of the adapters when they are plugged into the one "Always On" USB port.
HID\VID_045E&PID_0285\6&FCCBE8D\&0&0000

If anyone has any idea of whats happening, or how I can get these adapters to work in other ports, it would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Marckas, 22 June 2011 - 11:16 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users