Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xemi Active Desktop Calendar

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 secretangel

secretangel

• Members
  • 154 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:01 AM

I have been using Xemi Active Desktop Calendar on my PC (Windows Vista) successfully for a couple of years. One day it suddenly stopped working, I think following a Windows Update. I tried restoring my PC to an earlier time when it was working but that was unsuccessful.

I have contacted Xemi on numerous occasions. It appears that they have only seen this problem on my PC so I got no assistance to begin with. I have contacted them again recently and this is the last response I got from them

We are afraid that we came to a dead-end. Your Vista returns for the
application folder a folder that does not exist in its file system so when
the calendar tries to access it you get the error message that you already
saw. At this moment we really do not know how to overcome this situation

Can anyone offer any advice or is it a case of 'if the writers of the software can't fix the problem no-one can?'.

I'm wondering if restoring my PC to factory settings would do the trick, at least temporarily until the windows update is installed again.

This is very frustrating as the calendar was incredibly useful. If anyone can recommend a similar calendar, where it is displayed on my desktop and has a task list, that might be another way round the problem.
Posted Image

When you wanna give up, and your hearts about to break
Remember that you're perfect, God makes no mistakes

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 AM

Posted 23 June 2011 - 12:07 PM

I thought Vista had its own calendar, but if not suitable, this might be of interest:

Destkop iCalendar Lite - Free Desktop Calendar

http://www.desksware.com/desktop-icalendar-lite.htm

Can you tell us what error messages you get, (if any), when you attempt to start Xemi and do you have the software
on an installation disk, or is it part of a larger package.

#3 secretangel

secretangel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 154 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2011 - 03:52 PM

I get several pop-ups when I try to open the calendar.

C:\Users\Jane\Application Data\Xemi Computers

then

Error while creating application folder

then

Active Desktop Calendar Application has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

From discussions with Xemi Computers it seems to be trying to create the folder in the wrong location (unfortunately I've lost those emails).

I find it hard to believe that I'm the only one with the same problem. Even after taking my PC back to factory settings recently the calendar still didn't work when it had when I first purchased this PC.
Posted Image

#4 TulsaRose

TulsaRose

• Members
  • 367 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 AM

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:42 AM

Did you try uninstalling the program then downloading a new install? I would try that before I resorted to "restoring my PC to factory settings."

WinXP Pro sp3 \ Firefox, Panda, MBAM, SAS, SpywareBlaster

#5 secretangel

secretangel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 154 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2011 - 02:48 PM

I didn't restore my pc to factory settings because of the problem with the Calendar, that was necessary for another reason. Believe me I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Calendar many times
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users