Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem File

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dmirish1

dmirish1

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 09 January 2006 - 01:03 PM

I have 4 files on my hard drive, in the Temp file. They are:
JETA170, JETB219, JETC7F3, AND JETC759.

I can not delete them or incinerate them, I can not move them or rename. When I try to delete them an error message comes up that says they are being used by another program or user and can not delete. Does anyone have any idea what these files could be or how I can get them off of my computer? Also, when I run a spyware check or virus check, nothing comes up. It says my system is clean. Any help I can get would be appreciated.

Dee

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tallahassee lassie

tallahassee lassie

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 AM

Posted 09 January 2006 - 01:58 PM

:thumbsup: Hello dmirish1. The temp files you are talking about could be part of your IE5 temp files. I have windows 98 on my desktop, and when I delete my temp files, cookies, and history files, there are some temp folders that will not delete. In my case, I leave them alone. I also get the same message as you do when I try to delete these. I go into explore, and look at these folders. However, this may not be true for your situtation. I am sure someone else will be along to try and answer your questions....Have a great day..Always..Marion :flowers:

Edited by tallahassee lassie, 09 January 2006 - 01:59 PM.

Keep on smiling---Mare

#3 bgardner

bgardner

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 09 January 2006 - 02:05 PM

Hey again DM.... what is your current OS? (version of windows) and are you encountering any problems, or just that you cant delete these files??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users