Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Novicitae! Don't leave me! Pleeeeeeze!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 dabarabe

dabarabe

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:57 AM

Novicitae, if you are out there still.

I was not able to post for the last week because of my wok schedule. Still trying to get computer to do the last step uou gave me, but now I can't get to the thread for the instructions.

I also had a problem where the keyboard seemed to be stuck in the "alt" mode because every time I tried to type, it would turn the first letter into a command. So when I hit "H" it brought up "do you want to hide this?" I shut it down and got a "Your computer recovered from a serious error" message upon restart. It also brought up Firefox (my default browser) to a WER.Microsoft page. I am not sure if these are clues to the original problem or if they are separate.

That issue seems to have resolved itself, but I am still getting error messages. Can we reopen my original thread and take it from there?

J

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 22 June 2011 - 10:03 AM

I have contacted Noviciate for you. It's up to him whether or not the topic will be reopened.

For future reference if you are planning on being offline for extended stretches of time some advance notice would go a long way towards preventing this sort of situation.

~Blade

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#3 dabarabe

dabarabe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:24 AM

Thanks, Blade. For the contact and for the advice. I will be more communicative in the future.

#4 Noviciate

Noviciate

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 22 June 2011 - 01:36 PM

I've reopened the original thread.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

#5 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 22 June 2011 - 01:42 PM

As this topic has served it's purpose it is now closed and will vanish in the next day or so.

~Blade

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users