Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dual Monitor with Radeon 4550

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jennytalia

Jennytalia

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 PM

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:58 AM

Okay, so I've got two monitors hooked up to this computer - one through the Radeon card, and one through the onboard video.

In the display settings, windows recognizes both monitors, and the functional one is set as 2. The other monitor which won't show anything is set as 1.

I kind of don't think that's how this works though. I know the Radeon card supports dual output, but it would seem to me that it would only be able to use the signal from the Radeon card, so I would need to connect the other monitor through something other than the VGA (which is what the functional monitor is using). Am I making any sense? I never feel like I am.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 s1lents0ul

s1lents0ul

• Members
  • 544 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 PM

Posted 22 June 2011 - 05:56 PM

Your computer wont use both GPU at the same time. Use the radeon, get a splitter for the DVI an run both monitors.
==]--s1lents0ul-->

#3 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:37 PM

a google search shows the 4550 has a vga and dvi connection ,so yes it does support duel monitors ,[my monitors have both connection ]if neither of your monitors has a dvi connection the pick up a dvi to vga adapter to connect to one of the monitors ,like on in the link .
http://www.nti1.ca/dvi-vga.html

My answers are my opinion only,usually

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users