Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Reinstalled XP Home Got Black Screen

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 williedaprinter

williedaprinter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:04 PM

Hi,
I just formatted and reinstalled windows XP home on my dell 8200 desk top. At the end of the os install my monitor went black. I got error codes on the little lites on the back of the tower too. After much trial and error I removed the graphics card and all the little lites are green when I boot the computer without the card.. I wonder if it's a bad graphics card? Could it be the drivers for the card? I want to give this computer to a friend that needs one, I got a new Mac 1 and half years ago. Any help on this would be great, I'm at a loss. I've been working on it on and off, at least 15 hours, so far. Uggg Can I somehow install the driver disk without the monitor? Can't see to go through the prompts. Thanks, Bill

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 williedaprinter

williedaprinter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:06 PM

It's a nvidia Geforce mx2 video card.

#3 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:04 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Can you try the video card on another system to see if it does the same thing?
In the beginning there was the command line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users