Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DVD drive won't read the DVDs?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tech_illiterate1788

tech_illiterate1788

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 PM

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:02 PM

I have a Dell Inspiron 530 and am having problem with my dvd drive. It seems to read cds fine and movie dvds without a problem but when it comes to data dvds it won't read them all the time. I'll burn stuff to a data dvd and eject it then go to use it later and it won't read anything on it, it shows it as an empty disc. It reads them sometimes, though. Just wondering why? I really have no clue, I'm not at all tech savvy. What can I do? Help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,865 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 PM

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:43 PM

Try cleaning the lense with a lens cleaner.

Examples

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users