Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No sound on embedded videos

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AzNxEmp3r0r

AzNxEmp3r0r

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 PM

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:56 PM

I have had this problem for about a month now and it is really annoying. Whenever I go to sites like youtube or a friend sends me a link on facebook to a embedded video I cannot hear the sound. The video plays fine but there is no sound. This happens to basically all streaming videos I try to watch online. The sound for my games, downloaded movies, and windows sounds play fine, its just online. The weird thing is that Netflix videos play fine with video and sound so it could be adobe flash problem since Netflix uses Microsoft Silverlight. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing adobe flash and updating it and it still doesn't work. Also to make this problem even weirder, if I log onto my guest account on my computer the sound and video play perfectly fine for streaming videos. I have tried playing these embedded and streaming videos on IE, Firefox, and Chrome and none of them play sound.

Please help. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by AzNxEmp3r0r, 21 June 2011 - 04:58 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:11 PM

Try uninstalling Flash using the tool at this link and then install a fresh copy.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

#3 Jess_07

Jess_07

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 PM

Posted 22 June 2011 - 12:51 PM

Youtube and other videos take forever to play on my computer. Why?

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2011 - 06:07 PM

I suggest you start a new topic and give more detail. Without knowing more about your problem, there's no way to answer your question.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users