Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Boot In Safe Mode

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 the doomed

the doomed

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 09 January 2006 - 10:34 AM

Running xp home. Infected with spyaxe which I have the removal tools for and need to boot into Safe Mode to execute.

However, when logging in with any profile using safe mode, a message flashes up in a windows desktop box and the computer restarts. This happens just as the login process has brought up the desktop. There is no time to read the message or even count lines. Id estimate about 8 lines or so.

any ideas?

Edited by the doomed, 09 January 2006 - 10:40 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Winnipeg

Winnipeg

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 PM

Posted 09 January 2006 - 11:46 AM

Hello the doomed;

Next time this happens hit the pause key, on your keyboard and that will stop the screen from scrolling and you will be able to read the message.

I would also post in hijack and let the hijack experts take a look at your log, before I tried to remove Spyaxe and let them guide you on how to safely remove this spyware.

Their have been other user who downloaded the file and tried to clean their system and have run into real trouble, so let the experts help you they know what they are doing.

I'm new to this forum but if you click on discussion and scroll down to Security and click on the topic Hijack This Logs and Analysis and follow the directions they will be more than glad to help you, Please be patient their are a lot of people who need help.

Hope this helps.

Winnipeg

#3 the doomed

the doomed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 09 January 2006 - 03:45 PM

thank you. have done so http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...showtopic=40577

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users