Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Completed the Windows Recovery Unistall Guide....having an issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ktill

ktill

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 AM

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:22 PM

Sorry if I come off like I have no idea what im talking about, because....I dont! I had a virus last week that I was able to remove by following the steps of the "Remove Windows Recovery {Uninstall Guide} from this site. Everything seems to be working out just fine now except my start up menu is blank and when I have tried to print coupons using coupons.com and smartsource.com it says i have to re-install my "coupon printer" So I click the install button, complete what it asks me to and still no luck. I think I downloaded the Java applet it asked me to like....5 times, but it still wouldnt let me print. Does anyone know what to do? I thought i read something about temporarily turning off any antivirus etc. software, but im not sure how to do that and if i WANT to do that {i dont want to risk anymore virus issues} please help!!!
*kelly

Edited by hamluis, 21 June 2011 - 04:03 PM.
Moved from AV, Firewall, etc. to XP.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,753 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 AM

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:03 PM

Well...do you have any trouble printing anything from your desktop?

I tend to avoid strange websites that tell me to install something in order to optimize my experience...but McAfee Site Advior gives those two sites the OK.

You need to be more specific...about what you were asked to do...what happened...and any onscreen error message.

FWIW: If you follow every suggestion that you ever read on the Internet...you will be very unhappy consistently :). All advice/suggestions...are not necessarily good or full of knowledge :).

Your start menu situation may possibly be cured by running the latest version of Unhide.exe .

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 21 June 2011 - 04:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users