Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't find previously installed Kyocera printer on home network

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Big Den

Big Den

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:57 AM

Hi

First posting so please let me know if there are more appropriate threads to post this query on.

I have problems intermitently getting a newly installed Kyocerea FS-C5250 DN to print on our home network. Our OS is Windows 7 and the network is confifgured via a Draytek Wireless router and a D-link 10/100 switch. The printer is connected via an ethernet cable and the switch to the router and is shared between two hard wired PC's and two wirlessly connected laptops as a shared printer.Cables and housings are sound and have been swapped.

The printer installed OK and shows in Devices and Printers and has an IP address, subnet mask and defualt gateway OK. The 3D printer icon appears as well on the desktop. It's wierd but when I power up the PC's or laptops I can initally send a test page or print job and it prints OK and instantly as I would expect. Other times, say, if I send more than one job or send another print job after a period of time the printer fails to print and the print job either hangs in the printer que and times out with an error message after an hour or so or alternativly prints sometimes a couple of hours after the print job was sent. Other times the error message is that the printer is not connecetd to the network and when I try trouble shooting it tells me that Windows couldn't sort the problem and that I should contact my network adminsitartor". I have tried a fresh install and this seems to work OK for a while i.e. prints OK and then either hangs or tells me that the printer is not conected to the network when it plainly is.

The printer settings page shows TCP/IP as enabled, DHCPv4 as enabled and Bonjour as Disabled. Sleep Timer is at factory defualt of 1 min and Form Feed Time out as 30seconds. IPv6 is disabled but DHCPv6 is enabled (not by me!) and RA Status is enabled again not by me.

Any ideas and help gratefully received! Is this to do with the sleeping mode or the 'Bonjour' function? My systems literacy only extends so far so pelase assume nothing by way of tech comepetcny in any replies!

Thanks in advance and am seriously considering going back to a dot matrix printer!!!

(Not so) Big Den

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 booterbotter

booterbotter

• Members
  • 299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 22 June 2011 - 12:47 PM

Hi Big Den,

Bonjour is Apple's printer service for windows. Check this for more information about bonjour.
Honestly I am not familiar with your printer Brand nor model but the basic aspects of printer troubleshooting is quite the same so I will try to help you out.
Issues may be from either the P-rinter, C-onnection, D-river, A-pplication.
Is the printer working properly on the other computer in your home network?
Does printing on a regular application notepad always works or you get the error even in notepad?
Are you using the latest driver found here?
You may be right about the sleep timer but it is only set to 1 minute.
Do you have a 3rd party firewall or an Internet Security Suite installed on your computers?

Edited by booterbotter , 22 June 2011 - 12:48 PM.

Patience is a true virtue. Never give up, never surrender.
BleepingComputer.com Message Board Rules

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users