Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphic designing

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Sarmiento

Sarmiento

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 PM

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:21 AM

Hello,

This is Sarmiento wanting to know what would be best Graphic Design/ Photo editing program?

Thanks,
Sarmiento

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 lslcalderon

lslcalderon

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 PM

Posted 22 June 2011 - 12:24 AM

Hello,

A best graphic desing set out there that I know about is CorelDRAW.

#3 JurassicSnark

JurassicSnark

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 23 July 2011 - 04:06 PM

Hello,

This is Sarmiento wanting to know what would be best Graphic Design/ Photo editing program?

Thanks,
Sarmiento

Sorry for the late response, I'm a newbie here.

Finding the 'best' graphic design program depends on your budget, needs and skill level. If you're a home user who simply wants to edit photos of relatives or pets, you may be able to get by with any of the free software that's out there. If you're willing to spend a bit of money, Corel's Paint Shop Pro is a great program (I used it for years) and it's only $30 or so. If you're looking for a free vector-based graphics program, Inkscape is good to learn on.

If you're thinking of working in a professional capacity, my recommendation is to familiarize yourself with Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop and Illustrator), and CorelDraw Graphics Suite. Adobe is the industry standard for graphic design and most (although not all) companies use that. If you plan on working as a graphic designer, you'd be expected to know Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign/Quark Express.

Hope that helped.

#4 LJohnson13

LJohnson13

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2011 - 07:17 PM

I would recommend Paint.NET its a Knockofff version Of Photoshop. U can Install alot of Plugins that allow u to do alsmost Everything that Photoshop does. I have Used thsi Program for about one year now and I Am Very Happy With it.

And Its Free!!

Here is a Link to the Features

http://www.getpaint.net/features.html

Edited by LJohnson13, 23 July 2011 - 07:18 PM.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,395 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:23 PM

Well...IMO, graphics design is quite different from photo editing.

Just what is it that you intend to use this application for...the needs for photo editors are easily satisfied, IMO, but graphics design is another matter (to someone like me who edits photos but does no graphics design.

Are we speaking of personal or professional/business usage?

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 22 February 2012 - 06:30 PM.

#6 sierrachello

sierrachello

• Members
  • 199 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 AM

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:28 PM

tried photoshop and illustrator for one year and a half and its great.

#7 sierrachello

sierrachello

• Members
  • 199 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:58 PM

picnik.com for editing pics

#8 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:41 AM

picnik, is no more.
Google has retired it.

Picnik: We acquired this online photo editor in 2010. We’re retiring the service on April 19, 2012 so the Picnik team can continue creating photo-editing magic across Google products. You can download a zip file of your creations through Picnik Takeout or copy them to Google+. As of now, the premium service is free to everyone. Premium members will receive a full refund in the coming weeks

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2012/01/renewing-old-resolutions-for-new-year.html
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#9 kingsweeting1

kingsweeting1

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 AM

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:14 PM

As a Graphic design student, the best for graphical design, at-least in my opinion, is Photoshop, pure ans simple. the user interface is simple once you know what you are doing which isn't too hard. If you were looking for a free program GIMP is defiantly the way to go, this is completely built with photo editing and graphical design in mind!

Hope that helps, they really are some of the best programs i have used for graphical design.

#10 sierrachello

sierrachello

• Members
  • 199 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:49 PM

@kingsweeting1 Can you differentiate the function of Abode Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator?

#11 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 PM

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:59 PM

Google is your friend:

Adobe Photoshop vs Adobe Illustrator

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#12 sierrachello

sierrachello

• Members
  • 199 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:00 PM

Thanks Animal. I will check on that.

#13 kingsweeting1

kingsweeting1

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 AM

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:15 AM

@sierrachello Illustrator is made for just that, Illustrative situations, you do not get that level of editorial tools, We do use both of them in our lessons, illustrator is to make refined line art, and photoshop edits them together. That's a very basic take on it, but they work really well in unison, and if no budget was an option, I'd say for high level Graphical (all computer based) the two together would be a great option :)

Edited by kingsweeting1, 05 February 2012 - 08:20 AM.

#14 sierrachello

sierrachello

• Members
  • 199 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:47 PM

You can try pxlr.com
Just like photoshop, the difference is you don't need to install in your computer

#15 Ralchev

Ralchev

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:28 AM

Graphics and PHOTO EDITING - Adobe Photoshop CS*.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users