Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2003 not loading to scrren but still accepting mail

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gamafax

gamafax

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:58 AM

I'm trying to figure out why my 2003 outlook is not loading. It sometimes will attempt to load and when it does the outlook opening window will appear for maybe 10 sec. and then it just goes away.
I have repaired my windowow prof office soft ware, I have repaired using the detect and repair for each office component, I have run the repair utility with outlook 2003 with some files being repaired, but nothing I have been able to find will open the program so I can actually see the emails. I have scanned the registry and repaired the registry with Uniblue Registry Booster and it always finds errors to fix, but I have never had a program that would not open before. All the rest of the Prof Office components work like word, excel, pub, access, etc.
The reason that I know that emails are still being recieved is that the screen has a square that gives me a clue who is sending a new email when it comes in and it is still working.

After the research that I have done, it appears to me that a file is missing, but I am not getting any error messages to gives me a clue as to what to look for.

And I have no email, so if this forum is tied to my non working current email, I won't get it there. I need to have a response to XXXXXXXXXXX

(Moderator edit: post moved to more appropriate forum and E-mail address removed to prevent its being harvested by spambots.
jgw)

Edited by jgweed, 21 June 2011 - 09:24 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,585 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:54 AM

The fact that you are using a registry cleaner / fixer is almost certainly the cause of some of your problems. Depending on which OS you are using I suggest a repair installation if possible and NEVER use registry cleaners - the cause problems, they do not fix them.

#3 gamafax

gamafax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:46 PM

Thanks for the input. I will avoid the register cleaner from this point on.
At the time of this post my Outlook 2003 was not working, but then I did a restore on my system and got it working again, but soon someother problems popped up then. Some other programs had little cliches in them but I thought I had each of them fixed, but then the outlook 2003 quit working again.

I have done the following until I am frustrated and ready to go nuts. However, I will describe some of what I have done. I am using a vista Home premium OS with the service packs installed I have Windows prof office with 3 service packs installed.

I have repaired the pst files. I have gotten messages that indicate that I have a outlvda.dll file in a user location and have removed it only to have the message show up again. I have enabled the check in the control panel to show hidden files and indeed there is not file by that name located in the location it states there is.

However, I have checked the registry and I have found that the outlvba.dll file is located there.

I have changed the names on the msmap132.dll file to .xxx as well as the other two I found map132.dll and mspst32.dll. Using the original disk I have changed and repaired the office professional components maybe 5 times and have used the detect and repair option in the components of Office Prof maybe 10 times.

Here is what I got the last time I tried to load Outlook 2003. ( I have changed the permissions so I have ownership control over files that I have tried to change, so I do not have to run Outlook as administrator and I do not get a message that I do not have permission to run or change anything) The last time I tried to load the program it started to load and I got the splash page for about 10 seconds and then everything just disappears. Finally a message pops up that the outlvba.dll file is not a valid office Add-IN. again. This just seems like a circular puzzle. However, I also believe that someone has solved this problem before I got to it. But short of updating to a different Email program I am at my wits end to solve this problem.

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:07:01 AM

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:32 AM

You have attempted to repair, but have you UNINSTALLED and REINSTALLED Outlook?

You may want to try it if you haven't. Since you can't get Outlook to open, I'm not sure HOW you would be able to back up your mail and address book first. Someone else may be able to tell you how to do it.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 22 June 2011 - 08:34 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users