Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems with RKill

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 YinHikari

YinHikari

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 AM

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:20 AM

I have the Win 7 Antispyware 2012 firewall virus thing. I've dealt with this before, i figured it wasnt a big deal (i used a bleeping computer tutorial, worked like a charm!)

Th only problem i have now is that this virus is blocking every version of rkill i install and try to run, even the renamed ones. I cant install malwarebytes until i get this thing killed.

Any advice?

I should mention I'm trying to take care of this on top of trying to figure out why my computer keeps BSoDing. So I'm running in safe mode with networking.

Why is this virus even coming up in safe mode for hat matter?

regardless, I really would like some help getting rkill to run. I can manage beyond that.

Thanks,

Jen

Edited by hamluis, 21 June 2011 - 06:23 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 apcsllc

apcsllc

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 PM

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:21 AM

you ran rkill in safe mode? and then tried malwarebytes?

#3 YinHikari

YinHikari
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 AM

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:50 PM

No, see, that's the thing. The virus blocks rkill from opening. I can't get it to run at all, and with the virus still up, I can't run the malewarebytes anti malware installer.

#4 FoxtrotCharlie

FoxtrotCharlie

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 22 June 2011 - 04:03 PM

Try to rename Rkill to something completely random before you attempt to execute it. It may be that the virus-thing is blocking all known names of Rkill. Change the name to sldfjl.exe or the equivalent and then try to run it.

Can't say for sure if that will work any better, but it's worth a shot.
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it ot pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

#5 apcsllc

apcsllc

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 PM

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:02 PM

Try to rename Rkill to something completely random before you attempt to execute it. It may be that the virus-thing is blocking all known names of Rkill. Change the name to sldfjl.exe or the equivalent and then try to run it.

Can't say for sure if that will work any better, but it's worth a shot.

Good idea..that may work..but probably not because the virus is not allowing any .exes to run most likely.... I have been able to get some programs to run by repeatedly opening them even though they wont run after 10 or so tries it works, just keep trying to run it..its as if the virus wants to see how easily you will give up :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users