Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Asus K8V Deluxe Win 7 issue

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sudsy

sudsy

• Members
  • 463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 PM

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:40 PM

Ok, I have an IbuyPower ATX tower (Raidmax) with an Asus K8V Deluxe MB AMD 64 3200 processor, 3 G ram. I just upgraded it (along with two other or my PC's) to Win7 Home Premium. This machine makes a crash sound periodically (once an hour?) and the display goes black and says "no signal". In less than 15 seconds it returns to normal and is ready to go. So it's not a real Crash but something else. I suspect the GeForce FX5900 )128Ram) Video card. I have checked and updated all the drivers for the chipset, MB and the GeForce card. When this happens I see the CD/DVD drive lights (have two) flash like on start up but it's not a reboot that's happening that fast.

Anyone got a clue?

Soap :crazy:
UFO pilot

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sudsy

sudsy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 463 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:11 PM

Ok, something new.

It just completely shut down for the first time. I think it's haunted!

Soap
UFO pilot

#3 sudsy

sudsy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 463 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:09 PM

This machine is still acting strange. I had it shut down for a few weeks for vacation. It loaded all the updates when I restarted. I want to add that it ran just fine on Win XP Pro. All of this started with the Win7 install. I see several other RECENT post from others that seem to be having similar problems with Win 7 and one was even an ASUS MB. Should I just take the machine back to Win XP? If so How should I do that? Reformat the HDD and start from scratch? I am running check disk again right now. It is taking forever.

Soap
UFO pilot

#4 sudsy

sudsy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 463 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2011 - 04:49 PM

I want to add the following to this post and NOT create a New Topic since it all started with the installation of Win7.

I can no longer print from this computer. It is directly connected to the Modem/router. I can print from both of the other PCs via WiFi. Are folks having these problems with Win 7 on SOME hardware (MBs, Video Cards, etc)

Soap
UFO pilot

#5 sudsy

sudsy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 463 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:14 PM

This machine is still acting strange. I had it shut down for a few weeks for vacation. It loaded all the updates when I restarted. I want to add that it ran just fine on Win XP Pro. All of this started with the Win7 install. I see several other RECENT post from others that seem to be having similar problems with Win 7 and one was even an ASUS MB. Should I just take the machine back to Win XP? If so How should I do that? Reformat the HDD and start from scratch? I am running check disk again right now. It is taking forever.

Soap

Disk Check may have helped a little. But it is still behaving the same just less frequently.

S
UFO pilot

#6 sudsy

sudsy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 463 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:04 PM

SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED

I accidentally pressed the "sleep" button on my Windows Keyboard and the computer did exactly what it was spontaneously doing. This led me to the "Power Settings" in Win7. They are much different than anything I have seen in other versions. I disabled the "hibernation" settings and several other parameters that were available. Now my K8V Deluxe seems happy again. Hope this helps others. Nothing but just the old "Power Management" settings. All of my other devices are portable devices and I guess the defaults set themselves.
t
Soap
UFO pilot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users