Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Computer Blacks out Once or Twice a Day!!!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sonic016

Sonic016

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:44 PM

I have just built a new gaming computer and since its been built, it has blacked out a few times. Let me explain what i mean. At random (cannot duplicate on command) the screen will go blank, the audio will turn off but the computer will remain running, with all the lights and fans going. But strangly the only way to turn it off is to flip the switch, because holding down the button does nothing for me. Ive checked power settings, ran virus scans, checked temp files and registry, but see nothing strange. Reinstalled video card drivers from CD but to no avail.
System Hardware.
Motherboard -- MSI 890FXA-GD65
Video Card -- HIS Radeon HD 6950
RAM -- 8g G Skill DDR3
Hard Drive -- 320 Sata (It was from my old computer, completely reformatted though)
CD Drive - Sata DVD Reader
Case - Phantom
Power Supply -- Corsair 750w Power Supply
Monitor -- 19Inch LCD (Also from my old computer, but no issues)
Case Fans -- Top Fan 200mm, Back Fan 120mm. Two Side fans 120mm and One Front fan 120mm.
CPU -- AMD II Processor Quad Core (Black Edition with stock fan)

On a side note ive seen no heating problems at all, Core Temp is loaded and i rarely go above 115 degrees. If you need a event log please give me a link to download one that would be effective or not, im really not sure what is going on with it

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:14 PM

I've heard of issues with the Corsair 750W PSU's. Try swapping it out for another PSU of a different brand.

Posted Image

#3 Blaze413

Blaze413

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2011 - 08:35 AM

ive had that same issue...all i had to do was go into the BIOS and reset to factory defaults and it worked...just a little simple thing to try and see if it helps

#4 MarkGS

MarkGS

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:59 PM

Chipset drivers up to date?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users