Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Computer is Freezing Often

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 CmdrCorey

CmdrCorey

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 AM

Posted 20 June 2011 - 02:30 PM

Recently built a new PC with a friend. It runs like a beast but I have been having some issues. It has frozen about 5 times since I got it last week. The freezes happened at various times. Once right before booting up a game, once right after exiting a game, once while in a game, and once while loading firefox. I thought it might be the RAM so I checked the BIOS and changed the RAM timings to default. I also ran memtest for a few hours and it found no errors. After changing the timings I had no freezes for about 3 days, but earlier this afternoon I froze right after booting up when loading firefox again.

They are the kind of freezes where I must do a hard reset by holding down the power button.

Possibly related, there are some problems with at least 2 USB ports. I have a wireless mouse/keyboard and USB WiFi adapter. Sometimes the mouse will start lagging. When this happens, the internet speed nearly dies. (In other words, mouse lagging and drop in internet speed happens at the same time). It will take several minutes to load a website. The problem will go away on its own eventually, or right away if I reboot.

Any suggestions on what I can do?

Intel i7 2600K (not overclocked)
ASRock P67 EXTREME4 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67
Radeon 6870 x2
G.SKILL Sniper Series (4 x 4GB) 1866 (PC3 14900)
Windows 7 64-bit of course

Edited by CmdrCorey, 20 June 2011 - 02:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 PM

Posted 20 June 2011 - 02:43 PM

Please perform the following, so that we can get the exact specs of your computer. This will better assist us in helping you more.

Publish a Snapshot using Speccy

The below is for those who cannot get online

Please take caution when attaching a text file to your post if you cannot copy/paste the link to your post, you will need to edit it to make sure that your Windows Key is not present.

#3 CmdrCorey

CmdrCorey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:29 PM

Sure thing

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/yuzClPLPbQMRB5Ttf8jOSo4

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:57 AM

What kind of PSU do you have?

#5 CmdrCorey

CmdrCorey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:52 PM

COOLER MASTER Silent Pro Gold Series 1200W ATX 12V v2.3 / EPS 12V v2.92 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:15 PM

When you installed all the components did you use the standoffs for the motherboard?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users