Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Toshiba cable modem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cman1096

cman1096

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 20 June 2011 - 01:31 PM

Okay so I bought a Toshiba Pcx1100u cable modem the other day (I know its outdated, but it only cost me 3 bucks). I was able to successfully install all the driver software and update it. Everything is connected correctly, my power light is on and PC light is on. The problem is my cable light is only blinking slowely. Now I have Time Warner Cable, and I know that I can get internet from cable, because of the fact that my other computer is getting internet through another cable modem. I plugged my modem into that computer into the cables used for the other modem, and once I did that the cable light started blinking fast. I talked to Time Warner and they say oh this is Toshiba's problem, but when I looked at other forums posts about this modem it says the slow blinking light is the cable's problem.... I am stuck any help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 PM

Posted 20 June 2011 - 07:55 PM

Is timewarner assigning you two IP addresses? Each modem has a unique MAC address that is registered with timewarner IME they will only allow the assigned MAC address to be connected. If your trying to get internet on both pc's why not get a router?

Edited by Sneakycyber, 20 June 2011 - 07:55 PM.

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 cman1096

cman1096
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:43 AM

I have one, but the internet is too slow via wireless. But I do have news!

So I was successfully able to get my cable light to become solid!

Now ofcourse there's another problem

The computer isn't recognizing the modem via usb, and when i try the ethernet cable it says: unidentified network... grr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users