Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Having mic problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Zinus

Zinus

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 20 June 2011 - 01:23 PM

I went out yesterday and bought a pair of Turtle Beach Ear Force Z1's.

Posted Image

I use a desktop and the headset has two male nodes for mic and sound; as you can see in the picture above. When I plug it in to the back of my PC I can hear perfectly, but am unable to speak, when I view my sound properties it says the device is disababled.. viewed below.

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Posted Image

I later noticed I also have two ports for the same thing on the front of my desktop; so i plugged in my normal speakers to the back again and plugged the mic into the front ports. Now neither the mic nor the incoming sound works but oddly enough the device is registered as connected.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have no idea what the problem is; at one point I was able to talk into the ear peice of the headset and my voice came through my regular speakers. However, nothing would happen when I spoke in to the mic..... please help!

Edited by Zinus, 20 June 2011 - 01:24 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zinus

Zinus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:18 PM

bump!

#3 Blathnat

Blathnat

• Members
  • 224 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:13 AM

From my experience, you will not be able to plug in both speakers and headphones at the same time unless you have a switch that lets you go from one to the other. I would suggest unplugging both, and rebooting, since that may allow you to go back to square one. Once up, plug in the head phones and make sure you have sound. Then click on the record tab. There should only be one mic listed. Click on it and go to configure at the bottom. Follow through with the helper and see if you can get it working.

My son's Dell requires making changes to the audio software as well to switch from speakers to headphones.

#4 IanGR

IanGR

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:42 AM

Hi Zinus.
My own experience is this.
I think you first have check if HD sound is enabled in your bios. Then in my case it's on board sound, so I installed the Realtek drivers, once that's done you can configure your headset within the Realtek audio manager.
As for a switch between speakers and headset, again on mine a little pop up appears when you plug something in showing what it is, just tick the box to continue.
Yours may or may not be on board sound, may or may not be Realtek. You don't say.
As for talking into the ear cup and sound coming out of the speakers, that's dark magic m8..... or you could have the plugs in wrong way around. pink mic green head phones :wacko: last thing check the mic switch is on....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users