Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xbox 360 or ps3?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 marceya94

marceya94

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 AM

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:45 AM

I'm want to buy either an xbox 360 or a ps3 but i can't seem to choose. Which has the better gamer community?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zulith Lopez

Zulith Lopez

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:45 PM

depends on what games you like?

#3 DalookaAMD

DalookaAMD

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 AM

Posted 22 June 2011 - 10:09 PM

Agreed, its all Personel preference, but in my opinion If you want something more for hardcore gaming I'd go for the Xbox, but if you want more laxed gaming then go with the PS3. I have both and I like both. Lol
STORE PERSONNEL: May I help you?
YOU: I'm looking for a "hard drive" with plenty of "RAM" in the "megahertz."
STORE PERSONNEL: You want the computer store next door. This is a supermarket.
YOU: Let me see your "zucchini."

#4 Classics_Dan

Classics_Dan

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 PM

Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:33 PM

Agree with above ^^
Ive noticed PS3 are alot more dull when it comes to Multiplayer but when playing on Xbox theres always those great moments that i wont forget, its even better if you have a bunch of mates that all play xbox cos then its alot easier to party up compared to PS3's chat system.

#5 imightbewrong

imightbewrong

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 AM

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:14 PM

The only reason I own a ps3 is because I dont play constantly and when I do I want to go online for free. If I had an xbox I would feel like I am wasting money just for not taking advantage of xboxlive every time I take a break

#6 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2011 - 04:52 PM

I will try to keep this from stoking a flame war, but here's my two cents...

XBox 360 - If you like shooters, don't care about Blu-Ray, are willing to spend for XBox Live Gold, are okay with a higher failure rate, and if most of your friends and family are on this platform, the 360 is a viable option if the titles you want are on it.

PlayStation 3 - If you want Blu-Ray, Vudu, less emphasis on shooters, DVD upscaler, free online, optional PlayStation Plus, Music Unlimited, and a more open infrastructure (For better or worse), the PS3 is also viable, again, if your friends and family use it and the titles you want are on it.

I'm a PS3 guy simply because I don't like shooters and most of the PS3's exclusive titles are more compelling than the 360's. Plus, I wanted something geared towards a home theater setup, and the PS3 fit well.

3939.png

#7 TheEgg

TheEgg

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2011 - 02:10 AM

The only reason I own a ps3 is because I dont play constantly and when I do I want to go online for free. If I had an xbox I would feel like I am wasting money just for not taking advantage of xboxlive every time I take a break

I agree with this 100%. I don't have either, but I also would feel like I'm wasting money everytime I'm not playing Xbox 360. I've always been a Playstation guy. PS3 has Gran Turismo 5 which looks great. I found the previous GT games boring with horrible AI, but GT5 has online multiplayer which changes everything.

Also, I HATE microsoft because everything is locked down and you have to buy the official xbox everything. PC Racing wheels like the Logitech G27 will work with PS3. You can use any bluethooth headset and not have to buy the official xbox headset.

#8 MarkGS

MarkGS

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:47 AM

I would have to say Xbox 360, I love the controller and game selection. The Ps3 has picked up their game selection, but I despise their controller. Xbox live is a paid service, but is well worth it.

#9 Stephen Miller

Stephen Miller

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 AM

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:08 PM

Well I went with a PS3 during the initial hype of PS3 and XBOX360. I mainly got it for the BluRay as I love movies and now that I have a new Samsung LED HDTV, having that BluRay was awesome, and I knew the XBOX HD player wasn't going anywhere because most movies were coming out in BluRay, not surprising with Sony being more involved in movies. Also, I got a great deal on the 60GB PS3 (I still kinda hate sku's) and I knew I wasn't going to have much time to play online. PS3 is free online play.

However, most of my friends on an xbox. Mainly because they play Halo and other FPS. I would like to get an xbox360, but I can't really justify the cost of a new system and paying for online play when I maybe pick up my ps3 controller to play a game once or twice a month, otherwise I use it for movies. However, MW3 is coming out in Nov and I know tons of people will be on the xbox, and I may want to join in on them.

So like everyone has said on here, its a matter of preference and what your friends have. Ask them what they have and jump in on some online play with them.

#10 TheUltimatum7

TheUltimatum7

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 AM

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:22 PM

I, personally, have had both a PS3 and Xbox 360 in the past few years, and in my opinion the Xbox is better for online play. I cannot really talk about other parts of the consoles, as I am not really a tech person, but I've played many online games on both consoles and although you have to pay for the Xbox 360s service, it is well worth it; the cross-game chat puts PSNs service to shame, as to does the vast community. Another thing is the layout. The Xbox avatars are much more personalised and customised, whereas in the PS3, there are only a select few to pick, unless you would you like to pay for some. The general layout of the friends list, and messages, along with features such as voice chat is another reason I prefer the Xbox. I don't want to sound like a fanboy. The PS3 has its positives, and the Xbox has its negatives. You should google it... many people have asked this question before in various forums, with many detailed responses.

#11 eboknight

eboknight

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:45 AM

I prefer the Xbox 360 especially since it has been redesigned. I find the number of games relevant to me and my kids is good and you can pick up games for next to nothing if you don't mind them being older, but I'm sure you could get cheap games for the PS3 also.
The new controller free feature for the Xbox is very cool also.
And as stated before if your a hardcore gamer the 360 is more suited to meet your needs.

#12 spz

spz

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 AM

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:40 AM

Hi

Personally, I have the PS3 because there are the exclusives games (Uncharted, Grand Turismo...) and the online is free. I play just for fun :)

#13 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 PM

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:52 AM

I have both, PS2 for Blu-ray and F1 gaming Xbox for everything else. Setup the Xbox360 to link to a vm then stream media 24/7 from the vm to the xbox 360.
MCP
MSDST

#14 abfa

abfa

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 AM

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:24 AM

The ps3 is not better than xbox 360. Whatever PS3 has, xbox 360 has it better. The PS3 has much that the Xbox 360 offers like free online connection Wait they don't have that.Blue ray disc player that also upgrades the DVDs to near 1080P.

#15 Turn

Turn

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:35 PM

If you go PS3 you don't have to put up with Microsoft's bs. You can put almost any hard drive you want in it, without paying 100 bucks for their proprietary 350 gig drive. You can get a TB regular hard drive for that price.
There isn't a 16 GB limit on external drives. You're downloads aren't stuck on one Xbox at a time, you can put it on 5 PS3's at a time. The only drawback is you can't re-download stuff.

Xbox's have gotten a lot more reliable since they were first out, but I still wouldn't trust them. Plan on replacing the disk drive eventually, which is an annoying process that involves taking a chip from the old drive and putting it into the new.

It's harder to play Skyrim on PS3, it's got more bugs than Xbox, including one where if you go over a certain amount of game saves your game is basically unplayable.
You'll miss out on Halo, though their games have gotten so short it isn't that big of a deal. Gears of War is good, that's exclusive to Xbox. PS3 has exclusive titles also though I won't get into since I haven't played them.

Someone who owns a PS3 may be able to tell you more. I own Xbox because it was cheaper at the time and PS3 is harder for developers to write for so games may have more problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users