Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Restore and Nortons

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 joel0711

joel0711

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 PM

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:13 AM

I have Nortons from my isp(free).Since installing nortons my restore function will not fully work. Clicking on restore it will report it is already running butll finally come up. In running a restore point it will reach a point and state that all files were not restored and restore is closing and to choose another restore point. Doesn't matter which restore point is choosen the same message appears. This started after the nortons install.Is there some place in nortons (possob;y in backup) to disable to return restore to normal??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 PM

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:18 AM

1) Norton is a company, not a product.

2) System restore is buggy at best. When it works it's great, but it doesn't always work. That's why I always suggest that EVERYONE use disk imaging software on a regular basis - but that's another story. What you can do is disconnect from the internet and then disable whatever Norton security product you are using. Then try system restore (you disconnect from the internet to avoid a malware problem while your security is disabled).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users