Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Card Help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MunkAdunK

MunkAdunK

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 08 January 2006 - 10:51 PM

how can i ell if i have an agp,pci or pci express slot?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,035 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 PM

Posted 09 January 2006 - 01:18 AM

What type of Motherboard do you have. make and model would make it easier to determine .
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 PM

Posted 10 January 2006 - 12:37 PM

Also, is this if your building a computer or do you just want to know what you can replace in your existing computer?

if you want to put a new card in,
If you have an nvidia card with current drivers (cause thats how I can find mine) you can right click on the desktop, go to nvidia display, click on the name of your monitor, then information and settings of your video card should pop up. *edit* should be roughly the same with an ATI card and drivers.

Edited by Wizdabest, 10 January 2006 - 12:37 PM.

#4 welco

welco

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 PM

Posted 10 January 2006 - 06:47 PM

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/260/untitled3hq.jpg
I made a visual guide for you. Most AGP slots are brown though.
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice
1GB GeIL Value Memory Looking for something better...
EPoX EP-9NPAJ
Hitachi 7K80
Jaton 6600GT
400W HiPRO

#5 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 11 January 2006 - 09:57 PM

Best way might just be if you have a digital camera just open your case take a picture and host it to a website then put the link here so us experts (hihi like to sound inteligent sometimes) can analyse (oh yeah I use complicated words) it.

BTW photobucket.com is a good site for hosting the picture and posting the link and I am sure the moderators and administrators would agree that it would probably be betting for the the out-of-date people still on dial-up that you post the link and not actually post the picture.

Edited by Klinkaroo, 11 January 2006 - 09:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users