Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

shuts down at preparing network connections

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 wysiwyg2011

wysiwyg2011

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:44 AM

Hello, my Desktop Pc has devloped a few problems lately

Occasionally when I switch it on it gets to the blue welcome screen, then displays 'preparing network connections' for a few seconds before switching itself off again. This also happens if I try starting up in safe mode. I have found a work around on the internet, by plugging in an external hard drive before the blue screen comes on the network connections message doesn't appear, and I can load up my computer normally. The Pc is then fine until I either have to turn it off without shutting down properly, or if I am using too many programs at once in which case it switches itself off and I get the 'preparing network connections' message again.

Secondly if I need to restart the computer, as soon as the computer displays the bios screen it starts bleeping constantly. This does not go away until I switch the computer off. I am guessing these 2 problems are being caused by overheating?

I have only just got the computer to load up again from the network connection problem and have noticed it took a lot longer to load up than usual. My iphone will also no longer be recognised by itunes (it does however begin recharging so it is not a problem with the USB port)

Help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users