1. First thing is that when I turn on the computer, I get the msg "Caution.
This hard drive may be infected with with a virus." I press enter, and from a
Smart Boot Manager v2.0 screen, I select to boot from ACT prime under the boot
2. After windows XP loads, I get the message in a McAfee box that states "Some
components of ActiveShield are either missing or might not have been installed
properly." I just close the message or click OK. I have uninstalled and
reinstalled McAfee, but still receive the message.
3. My system is super slow. It takes several minutes to open Outlook 2010,
and webpage loads take a long time too. I ran Advanced System Care 3 and it
cleaned up alot of registry errors and security issues.
4. Next is when I run Malwarebytes software I get the 372 error
(vbalsgrid6.ocx error message)...I had an older version, but uninstalled,
downloaded the latest version, installed and tried to run in safe mode, as I
thought this would help, but I got the error.
5. I currently have McAfee installed (which detects nothing) as well as HJT,
and Adaware. McAfee runs by itself in realtime but it may be in conflict with
another one of these programs.
By the way I run Windows XP Professional SP2. I DO NOT have the XP install
CD's. Not sure if there's anything I can do short of somehow obtaining new
disks and reinstalling.. Any help is much appreciated.
Edited by Andrew, 19 June 2011 - 05:57 AM.
Mod Edit: Redacted E-Mail Address For Your Protection - AA