Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

VGA error on Biostar T41 HD motherboard

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Cajun20th

Cajun20th

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 18 June 2011 - 11:11 PM

I came home from work today to notice that my monitor was off. I use the onboard video, so I verified the computer was on and connectoed properly still. I originally thought that my monitor went out. So I decided to bring my computer in to my living room to connect it to my tv. After connecting to TV and getting same result, (No picture at all) I opened up the computer case and noticed 3 red led lights (Led Lights PH1, PH3, and LED 2) After checking witht the manual, I have come the learn that when LED light 1 is off and LED light 2 is on, it is a VGA ERROR. I do not have a video card to check. Does anyone know anything I can try to get this resolved?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:40 AM

Hello and welcome to Bleepingcomputer.

First off here is a support link to BIOSTAR for your computer.

http://www.biostar-usa.com/app/en-us/mb/content.php?S_ID=413

I read through your owners manual and seen the LEDs you are referring to.

Do you hear any BIOS beep codes besides the normal one BEEP during post?

Your manual mentions those POST error codes on page 34 Section 5.3 AMI BIOS BEEP CODES.

POST BIOS Beep Codes

Number of Beeps---Description of beep codes

1-----------------Memory refresh timer error
3-----------------Base memory read/write test error
6-----------------Keyboard controller BAT command failed
7-----------------General exception error (processor exception interrupt error)
8-----------------Display memory error (system video adapter)

If you were experiencing an error with your on-board graphics accelerator there should be 8 beeps.

I want to stress that your motherboard uses the RAM you have installed for video memory, if for any reason one of those RAM sticks is acting up, you may not have any video display.

I suggest you try re-seating your RAM sticks in their slots and try booting the system again.

Another method you could try if re-seating the RAM does not fix the problem is to try resetting the motherboard.
You have a reset button on the motherboard, try pressing that and see if that does not fix the problem.

If you happen to have a DVI to VGA adapter handy you could try using the on-board DVI port, this will tell you if your on-board VGA port has a faulty solder connection to the motherboard.

Another re-set option available to you is the CLR-CMOS jumper which is just to the left of your CMOS battery holder. PLEASE REMOVE THE BATTERY BEFORE DOING THIS!!! Move the jumper over from pins 1 and 2 to pins 2 and 3 for 30 seconds. Move the jumper back to pins 1 and 2 and return the battery back to its holder.

Try booting the PC and When starting up the computer, press
<Del> during the Power-On Self-Test(POST) to enter the BIOS setup utility.

If you still have no video, please let me know, however if you do, and you did clear the CMOS, you will have to correct the time and date and make sure all hard drives are actively showing in the BIOS screen, once changes have been made, please save those changes by pressing F-10 and choose YES and exit.

You should also go to your support link above and look under the MANUALS tab and download that file, it contains both a user manual and the BIOS setup utility instruction manual in the same .zip file.

Best of luck to you and keep me updated with your progress. :thumbup2:

Kind regards...

Bruce.

Edited by MrBruce1959, 21 June 2011 - 12:45 AM.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users