Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MS Removal Malware disabled my safemode

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Techie_novice

Techie_novice

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 PM

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:41 PM

Hi,

Just a note to say HELP!!!

I know there is a lot of stuff on here about the topic but I'm going round in circles. Let me pin this down as it seems none of the threads quite fit my situation.

Computer details...
DELL Inspiron mini about a year old
Windows XP home

Issues...
MS Removal (thankfully I was bright enough to see this for what it was!)
Can't get online,
can't get into control panel to system restore
Can't get into safemode with networking- goes to blue screen with stop 7b message
In internet options, the proxy server box as mentioned is not checked

Other...
Given there is so much conflicting in formation online, I dont know whether to trust anyone/thing online as it might just be another layer of virus to infect my computer or embed an update, who knows? If RKILL is going to make my antivirus pull up a warning, why should I trust it? Is Anti malware safe? AAAArgggh!

The issues are on my business computer... HELP!
I'm currently on an older system which technically I could download appropriate software onto and then transfer it but I dont have any way of connecting them- or at least I dont know one... I dont have a flash drive, the bluetooth on this PC is kaput- I'm not doing very well am I? I also don't want to download a virus onto this one as well- It might be old and slow but it's all Ive got right now.

Be Kind, lol
Thanks in advance :-)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 PM

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:03 AM

It appears that the issues on your system will require a more in-depth examination than can be performed in this forum. Please read the information in this guide, and follow all the steps beginning with step 6. After you have followed the steps in that guide, I would like you to start a new thread HERE and include a link to this thread.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient. The MRT is very busy, so it could be several days (3-5 days is the average wait right now) before you receive a reply. But rest assured, help is on the way!

~Blade

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#3 Techie_novice

Techie_novice
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 PM

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:13 AM

Hi Blade,

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate it. Just to clarify, step 6 is disable CD emulation software? Sounds complicated. Ummm...

I hate to sound like a total idiot but there is so much jargon on here and I really am not very experienced. All this about threads, topics etc etc- I just about know what a link is but that's about it!

Don't worry, I can do this if I put my mind to it but please be really clear with directions. Don't worry about over simplifying- I'm happier to feel mildly patronised than go feeling about in the dark, making the situation worse :-)

Again, Thank you so much for your time- Very much appreciated x

#4 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 PM

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:22 AM

Hello Techie_novice,

I know it looks complicated at first but if you take it one thing at a time it's pretty simple. The guide I linked you to will walk you through the steps you need to take.

A thread and a topic are two words for the same thing. right now we're having a conversation in a thread. A thread is made up of posts; the individual messages we send.

For more information on aspects of the forum you can look here -> New User Orientation. I'd hold off on that until after you've started your new topic in malware removal though; don't want to try and learn too much at once. :)

If you have problems with a specific part of the guide you can ask me here. I'll be able to assist you much more effectively if I know what's confusing you.

~Blade

Edited by Blade Zephon, 20 June 2011 - 12:23 AM.

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users