Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

msiexecs.exe Can not get online.?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 Iveynlaura

Iveynlaura

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 18 June 2011 - 04:48 PM

<_< Hello. Now this is it: When clicking on Mozilla to get online this pops up " Do you want the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes to this computer? Program name: msiexecs.exe Publisher unknown File origin is hardrive. Another pop up says. MOM.exe - Ordinal Not Found. The ordinal 383 could not be located in the dynamic link library iertutil.dll. Then another says 5AB691EEB7F049df9AC24235420C7F7 : mcagent.exe. ordinal not found. another pop up. : User account control. Asking if to allow program to make changes.. Program name is e-set.exe. when I press yes it goes to E-set antivirus and a pop I mentioned earlier about 383 not being located. I know that I have Keylogger.snake resident shield virus and backdoorpoison which I think is one of the same the fake security thing. Anyhow the problem is this is a new laptop(my best friend's) and we can not even access the internet esp BC to get the antivirus and scans and all of that. But I also wanto know if I could burn BC cleaners and anti etc and put it in to my friends computer. Sorry if that sounds stupid I am not up to par with computers. I need your help!! Thanx for the long confusing read. Thanx a bunch. Also : Low disk space. You are running out of disk space on Lenovo {D:}.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 AM

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:42 PM

Hi,

Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.
  • Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

• Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

• Please reply to this post so I know you are there.
The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.

Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.

Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

#3 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:05 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days. Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.
Posted Image

#4 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:11 PM

Hi,

Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.
  • Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

• Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

• Please reply to this post so I know you are there.
The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.

----------------------------------------------

Please run OTL

• Download OTL to your desktop.
  • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.
  • Under the Standard Registry box change it to All.
  • Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
  • Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply.
Also, for the benefit of the thread, please list the current problems and symptoms on the machine.
Posted Image

#5 Iveynlaura

Iveynlaura
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2011 - 01:31 PM

Ok, I have a problem (what else is new). So you know this is for my friend's computer and she can not access the internet to get the OTL you are telling me to download. So, what I wanted to know is when I burn it so I can put it in her computer, how do I go about doing that. I mean do I open it up after I have it on my computer, and then burn it. What file do I click/run once it is in her computer, in regard to the burn disk?? Agh I should know this but I shure am glad you all are around.Thanks for your time. Ivey :huh:

#6 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2011 - 03:12 PM

Do you have a flashdrive? It would be easier to download the file and then copy it over to the flashdrive folder. I can go through that for you.

If not, then read this really easy instruction guide here
Posted Image

#7 Iveynlaura

Iveynlaura
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2011 - 01:48 AM

Ok, you are awesome. I wanted to reply so you dont block my a@#.It is late here, but I will continue tomorrow with feedback from your reply. Thank you ever so. Ivey

Ok, you are awesome. I wanted to reply so you dont block my a@#.It is late here, but I will continue tomorrow with feedback from your reply. Thank you ever so. Ivey

#8 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:27 PM

Okay. :thumbup2:
Posted Image

#9 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:15 PM

Are you still requiring help, Ivey?
Posted Image

#10 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:03 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days. Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users