Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Greetings!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Penguin101

Penguin101

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 08 January 2006 - 09:03 PM

Hello everybody!

First post here, I figured I'd follow the suggestion of the prompt when I signed in to introduce myself.

I found this site some months ago doing a search for a solution to a particularly nasty bug showing up on a lot of systems coming into my shop. I've seen it since, quite a few times, with great solutions to hard problems. Pretty good place to go for squashing nasties.

I work as a systems/network tech and consultant in a local computer shop, in addition to running a 501(3) Non-profit computer/electronics refurbishing and recycling center. ( www.ctrr.org )

I'm not by nature a Windows-basher, since Windows is what keeps me fed, pays my mortgage
and entertains me with all the funny people that use it. What more could you ask for in an OS?

Meanwhile, at home and at CTRR, I use strictly GNU/Linux. That way I don't have to come home
and fix (for free) the same problems I work on all day long while I'm getting paid. My stuff just
simply works. On the other hand, I'm still trying to wean my wife off of XP, so her PC is dual-boot.

Since I keep finding so many good solutions here, I thought I'd just go ahead and sign up so I could
snoop around and see what else I might have been missing.

And since I'm so fond of GNU and OSS, I figured my first post would be a howdy to the local
Linux geeks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users