Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do you remove Living Play pop-ups?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 theonlysunwolf

theonlysunwolf

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 18 June 2011 - 11:58 AM

How do you remove 'Living Play' pop-ups? I have used Avira and Malware Bytes MBAM to scan the hard drive for rootkits, but I am still getting mad popups from 'Living Play' and it's driving me bats**t. Nothing seems to work. It would seem that somebody in this community would be able to help me with this, and I am hoping that one of you guys has had the same prob. I am running Google Chrome on a Windows 7 machine and would appreciate any help on this. I've wasted 2 days searching on Google for the answer and you'd think nobody ever had this problem before. So, how about it, anyone want to help me with this?

Edited by Andrew, 18 June 2011 - 12:13 PM.
Mod Edit: Moved From Win7 To AII - AA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cmikl3518

cmikl3518

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:38 AM

I have the same problem...let me know if you find the solution

#3 mwatson1977

mwatson1977

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:29 PM

Look in your add/remove programs. You'll find that LivingPlay is installed. Remove and reboot and you'll be good to go.

Edited by mwatson1977, 01 July 2011 - 04:29 PM.

#4 goog49

goog49

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:02 PM

No, LIVINGPLAY is not found there. It is not an app. Whoever gave this answer was just guessing - and not very well.

#5 fredsbassett

fredsbassett

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:33 PM

Actually, goog49, mwatson1977's method worked for me. The annoying thing is, we had some guests over for about a month while they looked for a new house, and one of their sons installed LivingPlay, not us...

#6 LivingPlaySupport

LivingPlaySupport

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 PM

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:23 PM

Hello,

I am a representative of LivingPlay and am posting this response posted on http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic404648.html. To confirm, the only way that it is possible to receive and/or view our advertisements is after a user has expressly opted in to download our software in consideration for free casual game play. Users are given numerous opportunities to decline participation and can always uninstall the software at any time. Once the software is uninstalled, no ads will appear. To uninstall the software, simply follow the instructions available at the following page http://www.livingplay.com/Deactivate.lp or remove the software via your add/remove program utilities. Should you require any assistance with removal of the software, please contact our customer support department anytime at 855-851-0276 x1 or support@livingplay.com

#7 Lithium Grey

Lithium Grey

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:36 AM

Hello,

I am a representative of LivingPlay and am posting this response posted on http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic404648.html. To confirm, the only way that it is possible to receive and/or view our advertisements is after a user has expressly opted in to download our software in consideration for free casual game play. Users are given numerous opportunities to decline participation and can always uninstall the software at any time. Once the software is uninstalled, no ads will appear. To uninstall the software, simply follow the instructions available at the following page http://www.livingplay.com/Deactivate.lp or remove the software via your add/remove program utilities. Should you require any assistance with removal of the software, please contact our customer support department anytime at 855-851-0276 x1 or support@livingplay.com

How nice of you to join us. Now tell us how to disable your crapware and still be able to play your silly games.
My kid loves it, and I hate it. Will probably end up dropping your silly ass.

#8 Atrecal

Atrecal

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:37 PM

Because you are using Google Chrome, click on the Wrench button and select 'Options', click on 'Extensions' then look for the Living Play extension. Disable it then click 'Remove'. Hope this helps.

#9 youdontknow

youdontknow

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:36 PM

This is the 2nd day in a row I've run a boot scan (because of removing a trojan horse) and both times it tells me the infected file is livingplaysetup.exe. I've never heard of this program or webiste before? Is it another website I'm using that uses living play?

#10 vrachnos

vrachnos

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:41 PM

Followed the instructions the "representative" of living play gave. My add/remove programs thing gave me the reply "You do not have sufficient access to uninstall Living play. please contact your system administrator." only problem is, I am the administrator. I have full privileges on my computer since I'm the only user. So, I clicked the link that said "If for some reason you cannot find your Start Menu, or the Add/Remove Process does not work for you, click the link below for additional removal assistance:" and my Kaspersky anti-virus blocked the website saying that there was a program on it that could be used to damage my computer and personal data. So, I look around on their website and find a program called LivingPlayUninstaller.exe. I download it, try to run it, and guess what? I don't have sufficient priveleges! I try to delete it, and I'm unable to do that either! This company needs to get their Sh!t together. It's all fine and dandy when they give you the ability to remove their crap, but when you can't even do that then there's problems. Basic, Living play is comprised of douche bags.

Edited by vrachnos, 27 February 2012 - 08:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users