Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"...has encounter a problem..." message

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 rgrstwart

rgrstwart

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 18 June 2011 - 11:27 AM

I am in the final stages of removing the "Windows XP Recovery" virus/malware from my Asus Eee PC 1001PXB notebook. Part of the removal process requirements is to unhide the files and applications that were hidden by the virus. After doing so an error message began showing up at start up. It gives a choice to send the report to Microsoft or don't send. When choosing either, it will close then return seconds later. Attached is the message. Can someone please help me get rid of this message?

Edit; More infor found here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic401098.html/

Attached Files

Edited by rigel, 18 June 2011 - 01:35 PM.
added info

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,876 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:39 PM

Can you close out your malware topic...before beginning any new topics which assess system problems?

I just looked and it doesn't seem complete to me...issues during malware removal are typically handled by the MRT personnel.

Once they give you the heave-ho, then you should pursue any system issues/errors that may be due to file corruption, hardware problems, etc.

Louis

#3 rgrstwart

rgrstwart
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2011 - 04:09 PM

OK the other thread is closed.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,876 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2011 - 04:57 PM

<<The only problem left is the "Asus Eee ACPI Service has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Then it goes on to say "Please tell Microsoft about the problem." This looks like the same error message that pops up when windows 'encounters a problem and needs to close'. It pops up as soon as I log on to windows and stays, when I choose one of the options send or don't send it comes back in seconds.>>

Worth a look, http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/get-an-error-asus-eee-pc-acpi-service-has/8a1f3bbc-2715-46bd-881d-2a237c831aa3 .

Louis

#5 cogs10

cogs10

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:42 PM

can you tell us if anything related to that is in your startup folder?
if so, move it out of that folder, and reply please?
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
check out this link

Edited by cogs10, 20 June 2011 - 06:29 PM.

#6 rgrstwart

rgrstwart
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2011 - 06:19 PM

No, nothing is in my 'startup' menu folder related to that.

#7 cogs10

cogs10

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2011 - 06:34 PM

nothing under msconfig startup?

#8 rgrstwart

rgrstwart
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2011 - 06:38 PM

msconfig? Nothing in the folder you told me to look in!

#9 cogs10

cogs10

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:44 PM

when you get the error screen, and you click on the blue "click here" link (to see what the data report contains),
what do you see there?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users