Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

interavtive logon failed 64 bit only

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 frederick3009

frederick3009

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 18 June 2011 - 11:07 AM

Hi,
I recently bought a new asus laptop and after some issues with it i decided to format and clean install the OS. It came with windows 7 home premium 64-bit. I went out and bought windows 7 Pro 64bit and attempted an install. The installation went through smoothly til the end where i recieved the message "interactive logon has failed, please consult the event log ..." after this message it rebooted and attempted a start-up only to be met with a strange gray screen and then it reboots again.

Nothing else works like safe mode, or advanced boot options. Ive tried installing several times with with the same result.

Now whats weird is that when i install a 32-bit version of this theres no problems, except that its designed for a 64 and runs slowly.

So why would i be able to install a 32bit version of windows and not a 64 bit? Even though all the hardware is for a 64??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users