Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Startup: csrss.exe, winlogon.exe, atieclxx.exe

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lightangles

lightangles

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:01 AM

Hello.

I have a couple things in my startup list that I am a little worried about. These concerns would be: csrss.exe, winlogon.exe and atieclxx.exe. I'm really bad with computers and was seeking some insight or quite possibly a lot of help. A few months back I was quite positive my computer was infected. I tried to fix things on my own and in a quick manner due to a situation I was in with school. I realize that this may not have been the brightest idea. I ended up "resetting to factory settings" thinking it would be the solution. I'm aware that this conclusion of mine was not the definite solution to ending everything. So, I'm not sure if this stems back to that ordeal or if its completely new but I thought I would add my past history. I haven't had any visible problems or warnings of infection but since my last scare Ive been very paranoid in checking the startup and looking for suspicious activity. These processes seems to be abnormal and after checking the startup list database provided on this website, I became a bit worried. My laptop doesnt want to allow me to eject my external hard drive saying that it is currently in use but I shut down all programs and I received the same message. (This device is currently in use. Close any programs or windows that might be using the device, then try again.) At first I thought the infection may have transferred over through the external which contains files that were originally from my last scare. Not too sure. My laptop is a HP Pavilion dv7-4053cl entertainment notebook, product #WQ867UA #ABA.

Thank you, looking forward to a response with great appreciation. ^-^

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PhilT

PhilT

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:22 AM

winlogon.exe is certainly a legit part of windows, as is csrss.exe - Microsoft Client/Server Runtime Server Subsystem

atieclxx.exe could be part of the ATI graphics software if your laptop has ATI display driver, looks to be the case from a quick Google search.

Phil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users