Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win Xp Boot Up Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bintyre

bintyre

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 08 January 2006 - 07:32 PM

Computer worked find last night. When turned on this am it took 15 mins to get to the Welcom screen. Both profile icons were changed, one profile wouldn't load, the other takes 10 mins to load then error: "Windows cannot create a temporary profile directory."

When desktop finally loads, all the desktop icons are missing except Recycle bin. AVG and InCD are in the systray. When I researched the problem some suggested that a screensaver password was causing the problem. It was not checked, however the screensaver was set to 1 min. Choose none and rebooted. Same scenario.

When I boot in Safe Mode there are two choices for profiles.... Administrator and one of my users. I don't know how to get into the Admin account since I never had one called that in the profiles. One of the two accounts was choosen as Admin but with a different name.

The HD is partitioned into C & D. Another error message states: " D:|Documents & Settings desktop is not accessible. The parameter is incorrect."

Other weird error messages:

"The disk in drive D is not formatted. Do you want to format it now."

"Unlock computer - This computer is in use and has been locked. Only your_id or an Administrator can unlock this computer"

Is there any way to get in and reset the Admiin password? If I can get it to load the programs I may be able to repair my D:\Documents & Settings Profile.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ZENER

ZENER

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 AM

Posted 08 January 2006 - 10:11 PM

There are programs in download.com that can help u to reset admin password. Just type in administrator password reset in the search bar.
The Uprise of a new Technology is the contributing factor to the failure of many human brains.
In short ==== We are too reliant on Technology.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users