Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HDTV Delay?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 darkside701

darkside701

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 18 June 2011 - 05:36 AM

I have a 22" diamani duo 720p tv that doubles as a computer moniter and it works wonderful for my ps3 very crisp and reactive just small. However when I have hooked my ps3 up to other larger flat panel hdtv's some of which are name brands like a 50" sony bravia that even have a video game setting which did not help. There is always a delay even if I hook up the component instead of hd. It is difinitive with games like COD I can hold L1 to aim and then let go and the tv is a solid 1-2 seconds behind. Is there a setting I can change on these tv's to make them work properly and what about my other tv makes it work so well?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 19 June 2011 - 12:57 AM

This is may be an issue with the PS3 itself, have you tried resetting the PS3's video settings by holding the "on" button on the console when you start it up? If the unit is powered off and you turn it on by holding the power button until the PS3 beeps, it will reset the settings. I have a PS3 and a Bravia too and don't have any issues, but, I had to use that method if I moved the PS3 between TV's.

3939.png

#3 Stephen Miller

Stephen Miller

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 PM

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:15 PM

DJBPace07 has a good idea.

Also, how are you connecting the ps3? Through component/AV? Or are you using an HDMI cord? It really does make a difference in using HDMI over the typical AV cables. Using the AV cables on a 720p isnt awful, but when you are talking about a 1080p TV it really does make a difference. I definitely notice a difference when I use the AV cables or the HD AV cables and not the HDMI cable. Maybe check out ebay and look for a good quality Monster HDMI. Something like 10.2 GPS cord would probably run much smoother. Anything higher than that would probably be overkill.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users