Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet running very slow. aaa in program list?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dandibi

dandibi

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 18 June 2011 - 05:23 AM

Hi, I'm brand new to bleepingcomputer. I posted this yesterday and I think I did something wrong in the email notifications, so I'm starting it over. I apologize for my ignorance.

I was trying to find why my PC is running slow and I found a program named aaa listed in add remove programs that won't let me remove it. When I click on more information about it, it lists bbb and ccc for information.

I was reading a related posting and I downloaded, installed, and ran TDSSKiller. The report is listed below.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Dan

Edited by hamluis, 18 June 2011 - 05:50 AM.
Removed TDSS log, moved from XP to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,403 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2011 - 05:52 AM

Removed TDSS log, moved post to Am I Infected.

The folks in Am I Infected will guide you, please do not post anything unless they ask for it. Thanks :).

Louis

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,990 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:23 AM

The aaa listing seems to be a Java file.
From this post #4 you will read this:

If you read the below topics the aaa Java file and "aaa" published by "bbb" may to be something related to Java Programming/scripting and not malware.I am not a programmer so if you want to confirm, then try asking at the Java Suport Forum.

Go to Posted Image > Run... > Control Panel and double-click Java (Java Control Panel). Under the "General" tab, go to the Temporary Internet Files section at the bottom and click on View... to open the Java Cache Viewer. Select "Applications" in the drop-down box at the upper left and open it. If the "aaa" file is listed, click on it to highlight, right-click and choose delete.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Slow could be improved by some maintenance. Cleanup, Defrag and removing items from startup.
Of course, if this just started and you haven't made any recent changes to your computer, It would be a good idea to scan
for malware, too. Use Super Antispyware Free and the Eset online scanner.

SUPERAntiSpyware.com - AntiAdware, AntiSpyware, AntiMalware!

Please download SUPERAntiSpyware Free and follow these instructions for performing a scan.

• Double-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
  • Be sure to update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates".
    If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here.
  • To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
    • Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
    • Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
    • If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
  • Click Close to exit the program.
  • Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
-- Some types of malware will disable security tools. If SUPERAntiSpyware will not install, please refer to these instructions for using the SUPERAntiSpyware Installer. If SUPERAntiSpyware is already installed but will not run, then follow the instructions for using RUNSAS.EXE to launch the program.

ESET Online Scanner:

Note: You can use either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox for this scan. You will however need to disable your current installed Anti-Virus, how to do so can be read here.

Vista/Windows 7 users: You will need to to right-click on the either the IE or FF icon in the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar on the Taskbar and select Run as Administrator from the context menu.

• Please go here to run the scan.

Note: If using Mozilla Firefox you will need to download esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe when prompted then double click on it to install.
    All of the below instructions are compatible with either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox.
  • Select the option YES, I accept the Terms of Use then click on: Posted Image
  • When prompted allow the Add-On/Active X to install.
  • Make sure that the option Remove found threats is NOT checked, and the option Scan archives is checked.
  • Now click on Advanced Settings and select the following:
    • Scan for potentially unwanted applications
    • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
    • Enable Anti-Stealth Technology
  • Now click on: Posted Image
  • The virus signature database... will begin to download. Be patient this make take some time depending on the speed of your Internet Connection.
  • When completed the Online Scan will begin automatically.
  • Do not touch either the Mouse or keyboard during the scan otherwise it may stall.
  • When completed select Uninstall application on close if you so wish, make sure you copy the logfile first!
  • Now click on: Posted Image
  • Use notepad to open the logfile located at C:\Program Files\ESET\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt.
  • Copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic.
Note: Do not forget to re-enable your Anti-Virus application after running the above scan!

Edited by buddy215, 18 June 2011 - 06:26 AM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users