Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Got Something Bad...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Wyant1

Wyant1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 PM

Posted 18 June 2011 - 05:21 AM

Not exactly sure what I've got.

Accidentally downloaded an .exe file. It's not really doing much more than making my computer run a bit slower and bringing up the occasional pop-up right now, so I'm not exactly sure how to describe what's going on.

I've run rk-proxy, Spybot Search & Destroy, Ad-Aware, Mal-Ware Bytes and Hi-Jack This. Nothing out of the normal seems to appear from the logs. However, there's definitely something up. When I try to run Hi-Jack This, it will auto-close the first time, and then after I've run it a second, and have the choice of what files to fix, I get a BSOD.

One thing that I have noticed it seems to be attacking is my webcam, or perhaps that's where it's trying to stash itself. I have the updates for my Logitech turned off, but now when I log on to my computer, I get a message that says it is unable to update. Also of note, typically when I run Mal-Ware Bytes, nothing comes up, but now it tells my that my library is x number of days out of date and asks if I'd like to update.

The icon for what I've gotten is a white "F" in the middle of a red circle.

I'll post the files that the different programs say I've got here shortly, but right now I just want to get this much up because I feel like my computer could crap out on me at just about any moment.

Thank you guys very much for what ya'll do.

Edited by hamluis, 18 June 2011 - 05:57 AM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 18 June 2011 - 05:56 AM

Please...do not post anything more until one of the BC Staff requests such. Thank you.

Louis

#3 Wyant1

Wyant1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 PM

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:51 AM

I don't mean any disrespect, was simply able to self-diagnose the problem.

Me.exe virus. Also called Beasty Trojan? Haven't found anything that tells me how to get rid of the problem though.

Bkwfrjuoojjf.exe is the original file name. I assume me.exe is just a cover-up. Company is supposedly Microsoft. Version is 1.00. File was created today, but was last modified on June 16th. It's been accessing itself since I downloaded it at about 2am (it's now 6:30), but hasn't done so in about a half hour. To be honest, got it from AIM (sad but true).

The only file that seemed out of place from my Spybot log was: Skynet.r (or maybe it was Netsky).
Ad-Aware has been scanning for an our and fifteen minutes, 87,500 files, and zero infections.
MalWare Bytes has been scanning for an hour and fifteen minutes, 80,000 files, and found zero infections.
However, when I minimized MalWare Bytes, it disappeared from my taskbar.

Again, I'm sorry and mean no disrespect by adding additional information, only to make your jobs easier and solve my problem faster.

Thanks guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users