Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

css file extentions

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Groffeaston

Groffeaston

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:01 PM

Hello everyone!

I have a question that I am not sure where it belongs. I tried to find documents on my computer that I saved, but the file names that they are saved under do not show what I was expecting. There is a photo, a header of some sort and a css file. When I tried to open the document I got a message that Windows was unable to open the file because the required program was not installed on my computer. I want to be able to open the css file to see if that is the document that I saved. What program do I need to open the css file extension?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 PM

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:11 AM

css (cascading style sheets), used in conjunction with Html docs.

(What form does the header take, is it an htm/html file.
You would normally have an html file containing a link to the stylesheet, (.css file) and you would open the html file in your browser).

You can certainly open css files in Notepad, or other text editor and your browser, (or in web development applications).

My HTML knowledge is limited, bordering on novice level, but basically:

css defines how HTML elements are to be displayed.

Styles are normally saved in external .css files. External style sheets allow you to change the appearance and layout of pages on a Web site, by editing one file.

If you have any tricky questions, there will be members who can assist.

#3 Groffeaston

Groffeaston
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:10 AM

Hello everyone,

I guess the web-browser had to be the one to open it. Because when I tried to open the file it did not open right away, but then it opened in the web-browser. Go figure. I do not know how I managed to get it to open it, but it did.

I think I know what it is, Gremlins! :hysterical: lol

Edited by Groffeaston, 19 June 2011 - 01:11 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users